Beagle North is currently accepting submissions for their Halloween Anthology set to release in October 2023
Beagle North Halloween Short Story Competition is for writers who are interested in telling their spookiest horror short stories! Anything goes: from your classic ghosts, vampires and werewolves to something a little stranger.
They are looking for short stories of no longer than 2,500 words that include horror elements. This means the overall genre can be non-horror, but there must be something in there that is spooky and gives us a scare. It could be a monster story, a killer on the loose, someone/something unnatural, or somewhere haunted. It’s up to you! If it keeps us up at night, it counts.
Learn how to write stories interesting enough to pique your readers attention.
Submissions Guidelines for Beagle North Halloween Short Story Competition
- Your story must be no longer than 2,500 words (not including the title). Learn the best ways to write a short story for submission.
- Only one story permitted per person; you can enter again if you entered our previous competitions
- Stories must be in English
- All stories should be written in Times New Roman, in 12pt, and double spaced. Stories must be submitted in Microsoft Word
- Please include your name (or preferred pseudonym), age, story title, and word count in the body of your submission email
- Stories are judged blind, so your name should not appear anywhere on your document
How to Submit
Please submit your short stories (and any queries) to [email protected]
Your email should include your name, age, story title, and word count. Please put ‘2023 Halloween Competition’ in the subject line.
- First Place – £20
- Second Place – £10
- Third Place – £10
- The top 15 to 20 stories will be published in our Halloween anthology in October 2023.
Closing Date is August 31st 2023, 11:59 PM.
If you are interested in submitting, do ensure to visit the Beagle North Website. Good luck.